History of the Theatre

November 28th, 2010 | History

The Ashland Theatre was dedicated in 1948 in downtown Ashland, Virginia, with 333 seats and a single screen.  The architecture and furnishings reflect the late Art Deco period.  The theatre remained in operation until the late 1990s, and restoration work has been ongoing in recent years.  For those who remember watching great old films here as a child, or campy b-movies as a college student, it’s time for a new generation of Ashland and Hanover residents to enjoy the cinema and other special performances in this wonderful, historic venue.

Stayed tuned, more about our history, mission and plans to come!